Bio-oxidative therapies have many different components, one of central importance is hydrogen peroxide. Naturally occurring hydrogen peroxideis used by our immune system to oxidize foreign invaders (phagocytosis); parasites, viruses, bacteria, yeast/fungus.
The cells in your body that fight infection, called granulocytes, produce hydrogen peroxide as a first line of defense against every single type of invading organism – parasites, viruses, bacteria and yeast. No other chemical compound comes even close to hydrogen peroxide in its importance to life on this earth.
In fact, both ozone and vitamin C lead to the internal production of hydrogen peroxide and this is part of their efficacy to stimulate our healing process. In the presence of catalase hydrogen peroxide is broken down into water and oxygen. This is the familiar bubbling response that one sees when they put hydrogen peroxide on an open wound to cleanse it.
Catalase is not found uniformly in all animal species. Dogs and chickens, for instance, have low levels of catalase and thus cannotbreakdown hydrogen peroxide. This will result in pulmonary edema and methemogloinemia (form of hemoglobin that does not bind oxygen and thus causes a form of anemia)and probably death. Therefore any studies on any species with out catalase in abundance like human beings witl show detrimental results to IV hydrogen peroxide usage. As will the improper administration, dosage or form of hydrogen peroxide used.
Dr. Farr describes the biological effects of iv hydrogen peroxide therapy as ‘oxidative detoxification”. (33) Hydrogen peroxide does the following in the body;
- Involved in protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamin and mineral metabolisms.
- It acts like insulin in that aids in the transport of sugar throughout the body.
- In the presence of coenzyme-Q10 it creates an ‘intracellular thermogenesis” or a cellular warming effect that is essential to life. Affects and controls inflammation by the production of prostaglandins.
- It is involved in any metabolic pathway which utilize oxidases, peroxidases, cyclo-oxygenase, lipoxygenase, myeloperoxidase, catalase and probably many other enzymes. Dr. Farr’s research demonstrates that hydrogen peroxide stimulates oxidative enzymes which increases the metabolic rate. Intravenous use rapidly relieves allergenic reactions, influenza symptoms, chronic systemic candidiasis, acute viral reactions as a result of the oxidation of antigenic substances and regulation of immune system functions.
- Stimulation of oxidative enzymes increases the rate of oxidation in the body .This is not because it produces small quantities of oxygen.
- It oxidizes or burns ups toxins in the body.